Jänecke + Schneemann printing inks factory since 1843
2013 – Today
Technical advancement in the graphical industry is moving ahead at a rapid pace and there is no end in sight. As a manufacturer of printing inks with a rich history, we have been part of the advancement for many decades, to always offer our customers first-class services. The completion of the new plant for Offset/UV printing inks production in Höver marked a milestone in our development.
By relocating, we now have the perfect framework for mastering future challenges as a customer-friendly family-owned and operated company. This means that our support services for our customers with specific projects can also be taken to a new level.
Jänecke + Schneemann celebrates its 175th anniversary.
On August 31, 2018 a big anniversary celebration with many invited guests took place.
Friedhelm Jänecke is nominated “entrepreneur of the year 2004” by the Sparkasse Hannover
The liquid inks production (flexo and gravure inks) has moved to the outskirts of Hannover and is now situated on an area covering 47,000 m².
The steadily growing sales output combined with our worldwide valued product quality forces J+S to prepare for the future and extend their capacity.
In March 1986 the whole liquid inks production site with all special machinery and equipment burns down.
Management decides for the immediate reconstruction and already one year later the production is resumed.
Jänecke + Schneemann is growing fast. With moving within Hannover to the Podbielskistraße the company is now located on an area of 20,000 m².
The following years are affected by large investments and modernization of the production and especially of the research and development laboratories, the heart of Jänecke + Schneemann.
After the second world war Dr. Ludwig Jänecke starts again with the production of shoe polish. 1947 the production of printing inks is restarted. Shortly after the market demand is rises rapidly, so the number of employees doubles.
1933 - 1945
Due to collapsing markets only the domestic production could be kept up after the First World War. All other subsidiaries close down.
During the Second World War the complete production is destroyed during a bomb attack of Hannover.
After the war Jänecke + Schneemann was faced with ruin: no usable machinery and equipment, no raw materials, no personnel; all recipes burned and the money devaluated.
1892 - 1895
Jänecke + Schneemann is expanding internationally. 1892 a production near New York is launched. Starting with another subsidiary in London, this is soon followed by subsidiaries in Moscow, Brussels and Buenos Aires.
First export orders are processed. Jänecke + Schneemann opens warehouses in Vienna and Warsaw.
Business development is positive.
Demand and turnover rise constantly. The company’s premises expand consequently.
Due to high product quality we receive several awards.
Jänecke + Schneemann printing inks was founded by Friedrich and Christian Jänecke – owners of the court printing office – and the landlord Friedrich Schneemann. Jänecke + Schneemann is one of the first printing ink factories in Germany.
Besides the ordinary black letter press inks produced first, high quality spot inks suitable for automatic printing presses are finally added to the product range.